Friday, July 23, 2010

All quiet on the blogging front

For the last few weeks, things have been quiet on this blog. Well, I've been busy being on vacation in the Netherlands, catching up with family and friends, and getting over a tragic loss of the Dutch in the finals of the World Cup Soccer. For a while I was too depressed to write a note!

Lots of things have changed though. This week, Paul flew to China, and with his arrival there on July 21 (yesterday), we have now "officially" moved to China. Or at least as far as the World Bank is concerned. The boys and I will be joining Paul in China on August 5.

A snippet of today's conversation between Paul and Simon:

Simon: "Where are you, dad?"
Paul: "In China."
Simon: "Where in China?"
Paul: "In Beijing."
Simon: "But where in Beijing?"

You see, we are zooming in on an actual location. And today Paul signed the lease for our new home in Beijing. Please send your letters and gift packages with stroopwafels, pepernoten, hagelslag and drop to:

203, Beijing Riviera,
No. 1 Xiang Jiang Bei Road,
Chaoyang District,
Beijing, PR China
PC:100103

And if you have an extra moment, you might add:

中国北京市朝阳区香江北路1号香江别墅203
邮编:100103

so the mail delivery person can read it as well. Hhm, I really don't know if you need the Chinese characters for the mail; probably not, but I'll let you know. I'll keep a copy of it in my wallet though, so I can show the taxi driver where to go when I want to go home :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment