Thursday, September 2, 2010

6x6

Yesterday I turned 6x6 in the Year of the Tiger. And I am a Tiger (from 1974 – I’ll spare you from having to do that calculation), so somehow I think this has got to bring good luck! Thank you everyone for your birthday congratulations. As you can probably tell from other post today - I won't be able to reply on Facebook for now.

It was a great birthday - a year ago I couldn't have imagined I would now be celebrating my birthday with a Chinese class in the morning, Taiwanese food for lunch, and delicious cupcakes with a panda on top with my boys in the late afternoon. In the evening, we went out for dinner--pizza and pasta, a nice treat for the boys after three weeks of pretty much only Chinese food.

P.S. In case you are wondering: Our belongings from DC haven’t arrived yet. They are still sitting in the port of nearby Tianjin. We’re still in the middle of summer here, but apparently it will cool down quickly in October. It would be nice to get a coat and a clean shirt out of the container some time very soon. (Oh, “and toys”, the boys yell.)

No comments:

Post a Comment