Friday, June 4, 2010

Farewell - in more ways than one


Yesterday Simon and I and a friend went to bring George to his new home. We drove across the Chesapeake Bay bridge to bring George to the house of my friend's boss. These people had actually years ago already taken in my friend's other cat, at the same time that George (who was also my friend's cat) came to live with us. Luckily George did not seem as scared as he was years ago when he joined our household - I hope he perhaps learned to trust people a bit more, but most likely he is just a tad more old. Simon checked on George a couple of times, because he (George, not Simon) had retreated under a bed in the guest bed room. I suppose he was a guest of sorts.


On the way back home, my friend learned that one of her siblings had passed away that evening after a long illness. I don't even know how to addres both these topics - George, and this death -- in the same blog post. Suffice to say that this was a trip that will not be easily forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment