Thursday, May 27, 2010

Last week at work

This week is my last week at work. Two more days and I'll be... officially in transition, unemployed, or on vacation, depending on how I want to look at it. The process of leaving my work has been interesting, because for many weeks I felt I wasn't ready to go: so much to do at work, and China still seemed so far away. Then suddenly, in about two weeks -- the last two weeks - everything shifted and instead of "China" being a bit of a distraction at work, work became a mayor distraction for getting ready for China. (A colleague came up with this phrase.)

I originally had visions of leisurely walking Simon to school, stopping at the bakery, reading the paper, and then doing some packing. But it looks like my next few weeks will be filled with packing, shredding, filling out forms, updating addresses, opening the door for people to fix stuff in the house, and more shredding, and packing and forms. But now I am eager to get really started - there is a lot to be done. More than I can even imagine right now. (I will keep you posted on progress.)

No comments:

Post a Comment